Your Collegiate Rowing Coaches Association is an important advocate for Women’s Rowing issues within the NCAA. Advocacy means having a voice and the CRCA has a more effective voice when all of our potential members participate.
None of this happens without you. We need our membership active in committees, on the list serve, and as voices within the greater athletic community. We encourage every coach and their staffs to be a part of the CRCA. The more voices that we have, the more the CRCA can be heard and make a difference. We also invite club coaches and administrators to be a part of the discussion by joining the CRCA. Thanks and Good Luck!
– Tessa Spillane CRCA Membership Committee
Your CRCA does the following:
- Acts as a professional organization that provides a forum for discussions of issues pertinent to NCAA Women’s Rowing
- Creates opportunities for student-athlete recognition through the Pocock All America Awards and the CRCA Scholar Athlete Awards.
- Provides recognition for member coaches through Head and Assistant Coach of the Year Awards
- In conjunction with US Rowing, CRCA operates the Collegiate Poll which ranks the top 20 Varsity Eights from Division I, II, and III throughout the spring season.
- Annual Coaching Education Conference
- CRCA Hall of Fame gives special recognition to those who have contributed to collegiate rowing in an exceptional way
- Provides a yearly CRCA Directory, a resource of contact info for our members and sponsors
- Provides advice on NCAA Rule Interpretations and keeps the membership current on NCAA trends