The continuing education committee is excited to announce a new Mentoring Program for our membership. In its initial year, we are targeting Graduate Assistants and new collegiate coaches (in their 1st or 2nd year of Full-Time collegiate coaching) for this semester’s program.
Being a Mentor:
The mentor serves as a direct resource to their mentee and may serve as group facilitator in breakout calls. Additionally, they make initial contact and are responsible for scheduling/conducting calls with their mentee(s).
· Must have 6 or more years of collegiate coaching experience
· Must be employed by an NCAA institution
· Must attend a training session via zoom
· Must be a CRCA member in good standing
Complete the Mentor Application by Tuesday, Feb 15th 5pm Eastern.
Being a Mentee:
Graduate Assistants and/or coaches in their 1st or 2nd year of full-time collegiate coaching who are interested in growing their professional network, continuing to develop their communication and interpersonal skills, and want to take an active part in their career development.
Mentees must complete an application by Tuesday, Feb 15th 5pm Eastern.
1. 4 Required telephone or video calls with mentor/mentee: (approx. 30-45′ in length)
- Call 1 must be completed between March 2 and March 23, 2022
- Call 2 must be completed between March 24 and April 20, 2022
- Call 3 must be completed between April 21 and May 18, 2022
- Call 4 must be completed between May 19 and June 5, 2022
(General topics will be given to guide each call)
2. Attend one spring “hudle” zoom call with all mentor/mentees in mid-April. This will include group discussion as well as breakout rooms for small group talk.
Additional communication between the mentor/mentee is always welcomed and encouraged; with the racing season upon us, the only required calls are listed above.
***Space may be limited due to the number of applicants of both mentors and mentees, so please give thought when completing your application in case we are unable to accommodate everyone this semester.